Welcome to the Aqqaluk Trust Scholarship Application Portal
Empowering the Inupiat through language, culture and education.
The Aqqaluk Trust is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization named in honor of our founder Robert “Aqqaluk” Newlin, Sr. Born & raised in Northwest Alaska, he dedicated his life to preserving the culture and the land of the Iñupiat. He believed that the success of future generations depended on the best of both worlds: preservation of the ways of their ancestors and education in modern skills and technologies. Today the Aqqaluk Trust continues the mission of Robert Aqqaluk Newlin which was always encouraging young people to continue with their education and to bring their skills and knowledge back to their people.
Eligible Applicants must be:
If you are seeking a "DEGREE" fill out the Semester/Quarter application. If you are seeking a "CERTICATE" fill out the Vocational/Technical application.
- A NANA Shareholder, descendent or dependent
- A High School Diploma or GED scores Certificate of Completion
- At least a 2.0 Cumulative GPA
- Enrolled or accepted for admittance at a post-secondary educational institution or vocational school that maintains a regular faculty & established curriculum, and has an organized body of students in attendance.
- Budget Need Worksheet signed by your University/College's Financial Aid Officer.
-August 1st(annual), January 10th
-August 1st(annual), November 1st, March 1st Summer Session-June 1st
-Application and supporting documents must be completed before
the first day of class.
Please use one of the following login options to get started:
Robert Aqqaluk Newlin, Sr. Memorial Trust
Charlene T. Ferguson, Education Coordinator
P.O. Box 509
Kotzebue, AK 99752
Toll-free: 866-442-1607 Direct: 907-442-8143
Fax: 907-442-2289 Email:email@example.com